or select File and then Print from your browser's menu.
© 2011 - 2016 Bali Discovery Tours, All rights reserved.
This message originated from http://www.balidiscovery.com/
Find it online at http://www.balidiscovery.com/messages/message.asp?Id=5349
No Shortage of Fine Wine at the Conrad Bali
Leeuwin Estate Wine Dinner – Fine West Australian Wines Join Outstanding Cuisine Courses on Friday, July 10, 2009 at the Conrad Bali Resort & Spa.
(7/9/2009) Fine wines and outstanding cuisine join forces at a Leeuwin Estate Wine Dinner to be held Friday, July 10, 2009, at the Conrad Bali Resort & Spa on Tanjung Benoa. The Menu
Presiding over the festivities and introducing each of the 6 carefully paired wines will be the daughter of Leeuwin Estate's founder, Ms Simone Horgan Furlong, who also serves as the Company's marketing Director.
Family-owned and operated, Leeuwin Estate is located in the picturesque Margaret River district, 360 km south of Perth, Western Australia. Since its inception in 1974, Leeuwin Estate's mission has been to produce excellent wines that rank with the best in the world. Today, Leeuwin Estate exports to over 30 countries and has received numerous awards for their wines, restaurant, architecture and environmental practice.
Limited Seating is available for this one-night-only culinary event in Bali at a cost of Rp. 1,200,000 plus 21% tax and service per person (US$142). This price covers the elaborate menu and the six carefully pair wines, both shown below.
Spice Spoons & Sticks
Pork & sage croquette, chilled leek, Grilled watermelon, fried feta, orange, Kingfish crudo, wakame, tobiko
+ + +
Ocean Trout Terrine
Ocean Trout & Shiitake Mushroom Terrine, Daikon - Pickled Shallots, Kaiware
Served with Leeuwin Sibling Sauvignon Blanc Semillon 2008
+ + +
Foie Gras & Crab Chawan Mushi with Celeriac-Nutmeg Emulsion
Served with Leeuwin Art Series Riesling 2007
+ + +
Kombu Cured Scallop
Kombu Cured Scallop & Silken Tofu - Pressed Shellfish Consommé, Aromatic Herbs
Served with Leeuwin Art Series Chardonnay 2002 and Leeuwin Art Series Chardonnay 2005
+ + +
Mango & Virgin Olive Oil Sorbet with Yoghurt Foam
+ + +
Wagyu en Crépinette
Twice-Cooked Wagyu Short rib, Lobster Mousseline, Curry Fondue, Porcini
Served with Leeuwin Art Series Cabernet Sauvignon 2000 and Leeuwin Art Series Cabernet Sauvignon 2003
+ + +
Valrhona Chocolate Chiboust
Chocolate Crème Chiboust, Rosewater, Rhubarb & Sago Salad, Pashmak
• Leeuwin Estate Siblings Sauvignon Blanc Semillon 2008 - This wine has a lifted floral lychee with strong notes of snow peas, cut grass, and a lemon lime hint. It's fresh and zesty palate has the underlying flavors of spicy cool climate berry fruit and cut grass. It's lingering well balanced and clean finish.
• Leeuwin Estate Art Series Riesling 2007 - This wine has a brilliant clarity, which has a very pale straw color with lime green and tinges. The nose shows lifted aromas of citrus blossom, musk, green apple, lime and quince mixed with a delicious mineral edge, which are indicators of an excellent wine. The palate finishes with clean crisp succulent acidity.
• Leeuwin Estate Art Series Chardonnay 2002 - The color is vibrant straw with green edges. On the palate the ripe fruit flavors of dried pears are again pronounced with delicate richness from the lees stirring. The wine is long and full flavored yet elegant with great depth and lovely ripe peach aftertaste which is in perfect harmony with the oak.
• Leeuwin Estate Art Series Chardonnay 2005 - The color is a brilliant green straw. The fresh nose are intensely lifted by aromas of ripe yellow pear skins, the petals of citrus blossom, nectarine and ripe peach accompanied by hints of fig and cashews from barrel maturation. The middle palate shows richness from both the fruit and the lees stirring, with a lingering fresh citrus finish.
• Leeuwin Estate Art Series Cabernet Sauvignon 2000 - This interesting wine has classic Cabernet flavors of cassis and redcurrants intermingled with plums and chocolate. All the components are well integrated in this complex wine. Sweet fruit of rich, ripe redcurrant greets the taste buds and this is complemented by soft fine grained tannin and creamy French oak.
• Leeuwin Estate Art Series Cabernet Sauvignon 2003 - This wine palate shows a full bodied wine with intense blackberry and blackcurrant fruit with hints of mocha and chocolate that round off the complex flavors. This wine has great fruit length with smooth and silky tannins that provide a soft but lingering finish
Bookings and Information
Again, seating is limited and reservations are essential for an evening on fine cuisine, outstanding wine and cozy conviviality.
For bookings and more information telephone ++62-(0)361 -778788 extension 6107.