The Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued a circular memorandum (SE/005/PK.04/2022/64) on 28 April 2022, addressed to all foreign legations of the Republic worldwide, detailing visa entry requirements.
The salient points of the memo follow.
Citizens of the following nine ASEAN member countries are traveling for “leisure purposes” are allowed to travel visa-free:
- Brunei Darussalam
Citizens of the following 60 countries and administrative regions are entitled to receive a “Visa on Arrival for Leisure Purposes” after paying a visa fee of Rp. 500,000 (US$35):
- South Africa
- United States of America
- Saudi Arabia
- Brunei Darussalam
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- United Kingdom
- Republic of Korea
- New Zealand
- Chinese Taipei
- People’s Republic of China
- United Arab Emirates
Visit Visa Exemptions or Visa on Arrival for Leisure Purposes are granted for foreign nationals are available at the following Immigration Checkpoints:
- Soekarno Hatta, Banten/Jakarta
- Ngurah Rai, Bali
- Kualanamu, North Sumatra
- Juanda, Surabaya, East Java
- Sultan Hasanuddin, Makassar, South Sulawesi
- Sam Ratulangi, Manado, North Sulawesi
- Yogyakarta, Special Administrative District of Yogyakarta
- Hang Nadim, Riau Islands
- Zainuddin Abdul Majid, Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara
- Nongsa Terminal Bahari, Riau Islands
- Batam Center, Riau Islands
- Sekupang, Riau Islands
- Citra Tri Tunas, Riau Islands
- Marina Teluk Senimba, Riau Islands
- Bandar Bentan Telani Lagoi, Riau Islands
- Bandar Seri Utama Lobam, Riau Islands
- Sri Bintan Pura, Riau Islands
- Tanjung Balai Karimun, Riau Islands
- CROSS-BORDER POSTS:
- Aruk, West Kalimantan
- Entikong, West Kalimantan
- Mota’ain, East Nusa Tenggara
- Turon Taka, North Kalimantan
Visit Visa Exemptions or Visa on Arrival for Leisure Purposes can be issued following the following requirements;
- A diplomatic/official/ordinary passport valid for at least 6 months.
- A return ticket or passing ticket for continuing travel to another country.
- Proof of payment for Visa on Arrival of Rp. 500,000 when applying for a Visa on Arrival for Leisure Purpose
- Proof of insurance coverage from an insurance company incorporated as a legal entity in Indonesia that covers health costs during the traveler’s stay in Indonesia.
The entry stamp given to foreign travelers when entering Indonesia utilizing a Visit Visa Exemption or Visa on Arrival for Leisure Purposes will serve as a Visit Stay Permit that is valid for:
- Visit Visa Exemption: Valid for a maximum of 30 days and non-extendible.
- Visa on Arrival: Valid for a maximum of 30 days and extendable for an additional 30 days at the Immigration Office in the area where the foreign national resides.
Visit Visa Exemption or Visa on Arrival for Leisure Purposes can also be granted to foreign nationals on an official visit or governmental duties to attend international events. This exemption requires presenting an invitation letter issued by the Indonesian government to attend an international conference/trial/meeting.
The facilitation of a Visit Visa Exemption or Visa on Arrivals for Leisure Purpose stipulated above applies to holders of diplomatic passports, service passports, service passports, or ordinary/regular passports.