The authoritative Conde Nast Traveler (USA) have published their "Hot List" of exciting hotels and spas world-wide with a number of Bali companies featuring prominently in this prestigious grouping.
Hot List of Bali Hotels
Two Bali resorts were singled out for honors:
• Bambu Indah, Sayan, Ubud – "Four hand-carved wooden houses transported from Java, each more than 100 years old, are set amid rice fields on the Sayan Ridge, an ethereal Eden near Ubud."
• Calyx, Uluwatu, Bali – "Hugging the craggy southwestern coastline of the Bukit Peninsula, this group of four whitewashed two-bedroom cliff top villas maximizes the view with floor-to-ceiling glass walls in minimalist, high-ceilinged bedrooms."
Hot List of Hotel Spas
These Bali Spas were listed as "Hot" and worthy of closer examination by Conde Nast Traveler;
• Luxe Lounge – Sentosa Private Villas - "Couples should book the VIP suite, with its enticing volcanic-rock bathtub for two. Cocoa addicts, as well as those seeking seduction, will enjoy the Chocolate Fondue Body Indulgence ($70), a full-body mask intended to release endorphins that mimic love. And busy travelers can just hop on a reflexology table downstairs. Tropical practicalities round out the menu, from sunless tanning to inexpensive bikini waxes, and all can be followed by a bubbly from the spa's fully stocked champagne bar. Lush goods on sale include milk chocolate body butter and vanilla bath powder (massages, $30)."
• Kriya at Bali Grand Hyatt Resort - "stunning 24-treatment-villa wellness sanctuary adds a multitude of adult pleasures. Balinese water palaces inspired the indoor-outdoor architecture, designed by the Japanese firm Super Potato, which even included a modern take on the traditional Ayurvedic droni table. The latter is used in the 75-minute Shirodhara head massage ($103), administered here with intoxicating sesame-lavender oil. Hand-cut white Palimananstone walls and fish ponds cool this lush compound whose name means 'Ritual' in Sanskrit; polished teak floors warm the high-ceilinged double treatment rooms (massages, $70–$110)."
• Bali Safari Wellness Spa at the Elephant Safari Park Lodge - "...try something completely different in Ubud—namely, one with 27 roaming elephants. The small granite-and-glass facility sits on the grounds of Aussie expatriate Nigel Mason's Elephant Safari Park Lodge, a 25-room Ubud property inside a Sumatran pachyderm sanctuary. With picture windows framing the herd's lush 'living quarters,' two modern suites are set up with treatment tables, massaging armchairs, showers, and soaking tubs. The full menu ranges from waxing and manicure-pedicure to aromatic Yon-Ka Paris facials ($58) and Balinese massages ($30). The Wild Yam Skin Nourishing Signature Ritual ($60) incorporates skin-firming local wild yam (as well as lemongrass, ginger, cinnamon, and mint) into a two-and-a-half-hour super-softening massage, scrub, body mask, and hot-bath medley (massages, $30)."
Kriya Spa at Grand Hyatt Resort, Bali
click image to enlarge
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.