A fire early on the morning of Sunday, June 8, 2008 destroyed an outer building that served as the laundry at the Kupu Kupu Barong Resort in Kedewatan, Ubud.
According to the Bali Post, the two-storey 6 x 6 meter building housed washing machines, dryers and other laundry equipment used by the luxury resort.
Two fire trucks responded to the fire which was only discovered at 5:15 a.m. by an engineering staff member on duty at the hotel. The hotel employee immediately contacted the hotel's security team and turned off the electrical power supply to the laundry. While awaiting for the fire department's arrival, members of the hotel staff tried to control the blaze while others removed LPG tanks from the affected building.
When firefighters arrived at the scene they were compelled to lay a 500 meter water line to reach the site of the fire.
The head of the security department for the Hotel, Made Suju, told the Bali Post that an electrical short circuit is suspected as the cause of the fire.
Guests staying at the Resort were unaffected by the fire, located in a building far removed from the guests' accommodation area.
The value of the loss of the laundry has not been announced by the hotel's management.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.