Click Images to Enlarge
As Eric Idle once said when introducing a man with three buttocks: "And now for something completely different" . . .
. . . the Rotary Club Bali Ubud Sunset
is presenting its first "annual" Pajama Party Fundraiser
at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 29, 2009.
Slated to take place at the Tony Taka Art Gallery
in Mas, Ubud, organizers promise an evening loosely organized around a Pajama Party
theme, the highlights of which include:
• Dress Code:
- Come as you are, or go as you went! Be creative and wear what you like, but guests are invited to attend in elegant pajamas, loungewear or in hair rollers, face cream and comfy bed shirt.
- In keeping with the style and character of the Rotary Club Bali Ubud Sunset
, the evening will be a community affair. Accordingly, chef's from some of Ubud's best restaurants, including Ary's Warung, Plantation at Alila Ubud, Lamak, Maya Ubud, Terazo, Siam Sally
- will combine forces to prepare a menu of mouthwatering "comfort foods."
- They'll be music during dinner served in the main art gallery followed by a garden dance performance by Bali's world renowned Nyoman Sura Dance Troupe
performing a special composition created for the evening entitled "Dreaming."
• Special Auction
- Bali's Update Editor Jack Daniels and Ubud's culture Diva Rucina Ballinger will serve as guest auctioneer for the evening selling a range of enticing experiential items. Among the valuable and unusual items open for bids will be a self-designed piece of jewelry from John Hardy Jewelry
and KTI Design Studio;
a private tour through the Kopi Bali Coffee Bean Roasting factory including an introduction to the world's most expensive cup of coffee - kopi luwak;
and an exclusive private portrait photography shot by Ubud's very own Rio Helmi. These are just a few of a number of items offered for sale during the course of the evening.
• Atlas South Sea Pearl Company is also offering a free tour of their North Bali pearl farm including transportation for everyone who attends the Pajama Party."
Tickets for the evening are only Rp. 450,000 (US$45) with proceeds from the evening in support of the many community service projects run by the Rotary Club Bali Ubud Sunet
Tickets can be purchased from club members or at the Roda Internet Café
on Jalan Bisma (across from the Café des Artistes or at Biku
in Petitenget at telephone ++62-(0)8123901142.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.