People of Bali: Knock Down Illegal Buildings
Bali Post Survey Shows 74% of the Balinese Want Buildings that Don't Follow Zoning Rules Demolished.
|Click Image to Enlarge
A survey conducted island-wide among the people of Bali and published on the front page of the Bali Post explores public feelings on the growing degradation of the island's natural environment as it relates to abuse of provincial zoning regulations.
The published results provide an interesting insight into the current mindset of Bali's population:
• The percentage of respondents who feel that a culture of corruption, collusion and nepotism affects the granting of permits blamed for destroying zoning and the island's natural environment: 38 %
• The percentage of respondent who blame the destruction of Bali's environment on inadequate laws and regulations: 35%
• The percentage of respondents who blame the destruction of Bali's environment on weak law enforcement: 22 %
• Percentage of respondents who want the government to forcibly demolish buildings found to be in violation of zoning rules: 74%
• Percentage of respondents opposed to the forcible demolishing of buildings in violation of zoning laws: 6%
• The percentage of respondents who had no comment or no opinion on the survey topics: 20%
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.