Bali Discovery Tours: Homepage
Bali Hotels, Bali Villas and Bali News from balidiscovery.com
Home Bali Contact Bali Practicalities Bali News Bali Services Bali Transportation Bali Sports Bali Excursions Bali Villas Bali Hotels
Home · News · Sorry, Guv'nor
Bali Hotels, Bali Villas and Bali News from balidiscovery.com
Bali Hotels
Bali Villas
Special Deals!
Packages
MICE Handling
Bali Excursions
Culinary - Dining
Guided Tour
Bali Spas
Bali Sports
Diving
Golf
Bali Transportation
Car Rental - Selft Drive
Private Jet Charter
Bali News
Bali Services
Bali Practicalities
Bali Contact
Bali Career
Home
 
Bali Update
Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!
 
PATA header
PATA Gold Award 2007
Bali Update
PATA Gold Award Winner 2007
 
Bali Contact
Bali Discovery Tours
Komplek Pertokoan
Sanur Raya No. 27
Jl. By Pass Ngurah Rai,
Sanur, Bali, Indonesia

Tel:
++62 361 286 283

Fax:
++62 361 286 284

U.S.A. Fax:(toll free)
1-800-506-8633

U.K. Fax:
++44-20-7000-1235

Australian Fax:
++61-2-94750419

24h:
++62 812 3819724

Bali Discovery

SITE PATA ASITA
Bali News

Sorry, Guv'nor

Governor Pastika Gives a Stinging Rebuke to Organizers of the 33rd Annual Bali Arts Festival.


Bali News: Bali, Indonesia, 33rd Annual Bali Arts Festival, Made Mangku Pastika, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, criticism
Click Image to Enlarge

(6/13/2011)

Just two days into its month-long program, Bali's governor Made Mangku Pastika wasted no time in criticizing the failings of organizers evident in the opening ceremony of the 33rd Bali Arts Festival.

According to the Bali Post, the governor had specific issues with the lighting, sound system and the failure to presents a climactic ending to the opening ceremony.

"I admit, the lighting effects and sound system at the opening of the 33rd Bali Arts Festival, which was attended by President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and the ambassadors of friendly nations on Friday, June 10, 2011, were inadequate. They weren't optimal," said the governor, while watching the opening parade on Saturday, June 11, 2011. Pastika said all the failings in the lighting system and sound system must be quickly addressed in order not to disappoint the people who have come to watch the festival.

Pastika roundly criticized the sound system at the performance venue as inadequate to the job. He thinks that the sound system should be expanded to give a greater presence to the stage. 

Pastika also leveled criticism at the Master of Ceremonies who worked the opening night, saying the announcer was stiff and overly tied to a written synopsis provided by the participating regencies and metropolises. Pastika said the MC should have spent more time in preparations, gathering information to avoid simply re-reading the prepared synopsis.

Turning his critical eye to the opening parade held the day after the opening, Pastika said the area used for the artists presentations must be secured to prevent the public from trespassing into the parade route. He also said that gamelan music should be played continuously to avoid periods of "dead air."

Bali Post interviewed spectators and members of the press corps, many of whom echoed the governor's criticisms. Photographers from the invited press complained that no special area had been set aside that provided them good photographic access to the parade. One press photographer asked what was the points of making it so difficult to obtain a press pass for the parade, when, in the end, members of the press were left standing in the areas used by the general public.

[Program of Events for 33rd Annual Bali Arts Festival]


© Bali Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.

       

 
Bali News by Bali Update
Subscribe to the Bali Update
Receive the latest news from Bali by email!



Our [Privacy Statement] explains how we handle the data you are providing.

 
Bali News by Bali Update
Explore the Archive of the Bali Update
Find related articles in our news archive!




or try to use Google Search :

Home · Bali Hotels · Bali Villas · Bali Excursions · Bali Sports · Bali News · Site Map · RSS

Bali News: More News
Take it to the Bank
Government Asks World Bank and Udayana University to Mediate Benoa Bay Reclamation Controversy
(2/24/2017)
Massive Monarchial Movement
Eight Aircraft to Bring King of Saudi Arabia and Party of 1,500 to Bali for Holiday Visit March 4-9, 2017
(2/24/2017)
Rp. 16 Million = 5 Years of Jail Time
Police to Charge American Expat Paul Hoffman with Armed Robbery for Series of Convenience Store Robberies
(2/24/2017)
Prepared for Tourism Takeoff
Transportation Minister Outlines Massive National Airport Development Program
(2/24/2017)
A Night for the Birds
More than Rp. 20 million Raised at Bali Starling Night at Big Tree Farm by Begawan Foundation
(2/24/2017)
Giving Busses the Business in Bali
Plans Under Review to Limit Maximum Bus Length in Kuta, Bali to 5 Meters
(2/24/2017)
Chinese Checkers Wanted
Chinese Travelers Expected to Become Baliís Top Inbound Market in 2017
(2/24/2017)
Czech Out
Czech Tourists Dies in Canggu Beach Motorcycle Accident
(2/20/2017)
Hilltop Thievery
Four Face Long Prison Terms for Collecting Illegal Admission Fees at Kintamani Volcano
(2/19/2017)
Feeling Ambivalent in Both Directions
Two-Days After Changing Traffic Directions, Police in Kuta Restore Two-Way Flows on Jalan Kartika Plaza in Bali
(2/18/2017)
Misguided
4 Unlicensed Guides Apprehended Working in Downtown Denpasar
(2/21/2017)
Uber Doing It!
Uber Taxi Driver Beaten by Angry Crown in Ubud, Bali
(2/19/2017)
All [News]!