Beritabali.com has published a list of the richest people in Bali, claiming their list represents individuals with net worth starting from less than Rp. 100 billion (US$11.4 million) to more than Rp. 1 trillion (US$113.6 million).
As one might expect, many of Bali’s wealthiest families have fortunes linked to the island’s tourism industry.
Here's the list from Beritabali.com:
1. I Gede Wiratha and Kadek Wiranatha. Founders PT Gde & Kaej Brothers with tourism ventures in accommodation, travel agents, restaurants, shipping and aviation. Their Bounty Group includes: Bounty Hotel, Hotel Barong, Dewi Sri Cottages, Vila Rumah Manis, Bounty Cruises, Paddy’s Cafe, Sari Club, Bounty Mall, Double Six, Gado Gado Restaurant, AJ Hackett Bungy, Pan Witri Taxis, Praja Taxis, Calvin Tour & Travel, Bali Safari Rafting and now defunct Air Paradise International. Other family enterprises include: Rumah Cuci Laundry, Indo Wine, Stussy Garment, Engine Room Club, Embargo Club, Paparazzi Lounge, Double Six Club (under redevelopment), Bounty Discotheque, Bacio Lounge, Paddy’s Club, strawberry cultivation, Montessori International School, Ida Hotel, Gili Meno Bungalow, vanilla bean exporter, Bali Advertiser, Rivoli Club, Jaan Club, Gili Rengit Water Sport Recreation Island Resort, Lembongan Recreation Poonton, The Breeze Hotel, Syndicate Lounge, Tepi Pantai Restaurant and Unipara Cargo.
2. Putu Gde John Sastrawan, Made Setiawan and Nyoman Santiawan. Owners of the Ramayana Group including: Ramayana Hotel, Rama Beach, Rama Garden, and Pepito Mini Market
3. I Wayan Kari and Ir. Ketut Siandana. Owners of the Waka Group consisting of Waka Land Cruises, Waka di Ume, Waka Nusa, Waka Maya, Waka Gangga, Waka Shorea, Waka di Abian, Waka Namya, Waka Barong, Hotel Oberoi Bali, Hotel Oberoi Lombok and Waka Dive. Also own Sain D Sain providing management consulting and architectural services. Transportation businesses include taxis, rental cars, and passenger boats. Also own Matamera advertising, housing estates, three hotels in Manado and one hotel in Bintan.
4. Ida Bagus Tjentana Putra – Owner of the Santrian Group comprised of Griya Santrian, Puri Santrian, Santrian Club, Arena Sport Cafe, Mezzanine, and The Village. Also own Sekar Menuh transportation, rafting and Seawalker.
5. Cahaya Wirawan Hadi – Owns Cahaya Surya Bali Indah a dealer of Suzuki motorcycles, Hino trucks, Suzuki automobiles, and Suzuki Marine.
6. Tjokorda Gde Agung Sukawati, Tjokorda Oka Artha Ardhana Sukawati & Cokde Sukawati. Tjok Oka Artha Ardhana Sukawati owns Ubud’s Tjampuhan group. Also own Puri Pita Maha Hotel, The Royal Pita Maha, Campuhan Hotel, Museum Lukisan Ubud, Royal Lombok South Investment and The Kirana Spa.
7. Tommy Raka Family. The family of the late Tommy Raka own
Carefree Holiday, Kuta Beach Club, Sol Benoa Hotel and the Dharma Wisata Hotel
8. Anak Agung Made Putra and family. Own laundries, Bali Niksoma Hotel and a power station.
9. Anak Bagus Gede Satria Naradha - Owns the Media Bali Post group. Media holding include: Bali Post, Denpost, Bisnis Bali, Suara NTB, Prima, Tokoh, Bali Travel News, Wiyata Mandala, and Lintang. Broadcast holdings: Swara Widya Besakih, Global Kinijani, Genta Bali, Singaraja FM, Bali TV, Jogja TV, Semarang TV, Bandung TV, Palembang TV, and Aceh TV.
10. Ir. Anak Agung Sukadhana Wetan - Owns the Kusemas Group involved in low-cost housing developments, luxury housing, natural resource, banking, travel and moneychangers. Also has interests in gas stations, palm oil plantations in Kalimantan, restaurants, spas, galleries, phone shops, credit unions, minimarkets, villas and resorts,
11. Gede Agus Hardiawan - Owner of the Hardy grocery store chain with branches across Bali and East Java,
12. Putu Suryajaya – Owner of the Nikki group, which operates a hotel, fitness center, hospital, and hotel training school.
13. Peter Arya – Own the Legian Beach Hotel, Maya Ubud Resort & Spa and trading companies.
14. Putu Robin – Owns the Hero group, contractors, Honda motorcycle dealer and Puri Lukisan.
15. Tony and family – Own Air Bali Helicopter Carter, electrical distribution and Hotel Aston Kuta.
16. Gde Sumarjaya Linggih – Owns Hotel Sunari Lovina, villa and accommodation in Bandung, printing supplies, local wine productions and the Bali Trade Center.
17. Putu Agus Suradnyana - Owner of the Green Kori Utama Hotel & Villa.
18. Pande Wisastra and Agus Pande working in housing developments, Hotel Camplung Mas and Ubud Village.
19. Kristianto Tjahjadi and Djuwito Tjahjadi – The Tjahjadi family interests include PT Putra Bhineka Perkasa who produce Kupu Kupu Bola Dunia Coffee, operate Jazz Bar Grill Café and Kopi Bali House.
20. Ayu Made Zennyik Sukeni – Owner of Poppies Restaurant, Poppies Hotel, Poppies Cottage and The Kopi Pot Restaurant.
21. Ni Made Marsis - Owner of Warung Made 1 and Warung Made 2.
22. Made Suwita – Family owns Adhi Dharma Beach Hotel and Adhi Dharma Bungalow.
23. Desak Putu Subakti Cadra – family owns Fourteen Rose Legian Hotel and Fourteen Rose Beach Hotel
24. Hadi Tariyoto – Family owned business of Bali Rani Hotel, Restaurant and Spa.
25. Jero Gede Tangkit Suarsana – Owns Nusa Jaya Bali Tour, Bali Tropik Resort & Spa Nusa Dua and agricultural interests.
26. Gusti Ngurah Mahendra – Family businesses Khrisna Kreasi, Visi Media, Printing Company, Garment manufacturers, cargo, travel agent, and Money Changer.
27. Putu Antara – Owns PT Mama & Leon, Hotel Keraton Jimbaran Resort and other properties.
28. Joseph Theodorus Wulianadi also known as “Mr Joger” -
Owns CV Wira’s Garment Melania Soraya who produce the “Joger” line of t-shirts and operate popular Joger shops.
29. Desak Nyoman Suarti – Family businesses Suarti Collections, gold and silver exporters.
30. Ida Bagus Kompyang and Ida Bagus Ngurah Wijaya, Family business is the Segara village Hotel, Bar and Restaurant.
31. Purnayasa – The Purnayasa family owns tourist transport, Bedugul Hotel & Restaurant, Bedugul Village and Bedugul Water Sports.
32. Ida Ayu Kompyang Sutarti Oka – Family owns Puri Raja Hotel and Villa Dampati Sanur.
33. Pande Suteja Neka – Family owns Museum Neka, Gallery Neka and Hotel Kupu-Kupu Barong Ubud.
34. Anak Agung Gede Rai – Family owns Arma Museum, Arma Hotel and Arma Gallery.
35. Ida Bagus Rai Mantra – The Mayor of Denpasar with family businesses that include Bendega Restaurant and Hotel Villa Bintang Tanjung Benoa.
36. Nyoman Rudana – Family owns Rudana Art Gallery and Rudana Museum.
37. Anak Agung Ngurah Mahendra – Producers and Exporters of garments, freight forwarders, advertising, trade, warehousing, money changing, information technology and travel agent.
38. Putu Subada Kusuma – Owns Hotel Sri Kusuma, Melia Laundry franchise, Toko Bunga Rose and law firm Putu Kusuma & Rekan.
39. Nyoman Dana Asmara – Owns CV Dana Company working in construction design, construction and the export of knock down furniture.
40. Gde Ngurah Wididana also known as “Pak Oles,” produces and sells alternative medicine, alternative fertilizers, restaurants, publications, radio stations and alternative health clinic.
41. Bagus Sudibya – Owner of Bagus Discovery involved in tourism and agriculture. Operates diving tours, travel agent, hotels and produce suppliers.
42. Jaya Susila – Owns Cargo firm, garment exports and handicrafts
Pemilik Grup Alpha
43. Panudiana Kuhn – Owns PT Dianatina Ayu and PT Dianasurya Ratna Cargo. Business involvements include garment, cargo and accommodation,
44. M Sunhaji – Owns the Risun Group with business involvements in pearl cultivation and realty.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.