Bali-based dancer-choreographer Jane Chen presents The Lost Alphabet – 90-minute performance of contemporary dance on Friday, December 9, 2011, at 8:00 p.m. at the Ksiranawa Stage, at the Denpasar Art Center.
Presented by BaliOnStage and taken from a series of Jane Chen’s choreographies, the program includes live performance as well as video documentation of her previous work in current time, space and vibration.
A respected and multi-talented artist, Jane Chen continues her exploration of creative expression and involvement in a range of artistic medias, including a 20-year study of Crane Martial Arts (Silat).
Jane continually experiences a journey of discoveries within a body; a process of looking and finding oneself through the full comprehension of movement and its aesthetic application as evidenced in her teachings and stage performances. The rhythm of her activities in daily life, whether sacred or profane, became the source of these explorations and discoveries.
Jane Chen's 90 minutes live performance of The Lost Alphabet will include:
The Lost Alphabet
- “Puja” - a mask dance (solo)
- “Light Within” - a dance repertoire performed with a Gong
- "Return of Shri”- danced by 7 performers
- 15-minute documentary of “Sutasoma” - a 2002 work opened by the president of Theravada Buddhism in Indonesia.
- “At Home” - a film by Jane Chen.
A Dance and Multi-media Evening with Jane Chen
Ksiranawa - Taman Budaya Bali (Bali Arts Center)
Jl. Nusa Indah, Hayam Wuruk
Friday, December 9, 2011 - 8:00 pm – 9: 30 pm
- Rp 150.000,- (including tea and snack after performance)
- Telephone Putu Marthajaya: +62-(0)361 916 4411 or ++62-(0) 081 2390 4884
- Telephone: Tieka: ++62-(0) 361 824 8810 or +62-(0) 818 0551 8101.
Email: [Bali On Stage
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.