Foreign tourist arrivals to Bali in August 2013 totaled 309,180 that's a 22.17% increase over the 254,020 visitors in August 2012.
On a cumulative basis for the first eight months of 2013, foreign tourist arrivals to Bali hit 2,100,079 - a total that is 11.55% ahead of the same period in 2012.
On the assumption that Bali will sustain an 11.55% growth rate through the end of 2013, the Island will end the year with 3.226 million foreign visitors.
Growth in foreign tourists visitors to Bali is coming primarily from the following markets:
The Runners Up
- Mainland China up 23.59% year-to-date and now the 2nd largest source of tourist visitor to Bali after Australia.
- Japan up 14.19% year-to-date. The 3rd largest source of foreign visitors to Bali is staging something of a comeback, steadily regaining lost ground after five years of steadily declining arrivals.
- Taiwanese arrivals are up 27.3%, dramatically regaining ground lost in 2012.
- Singapore arrivals are at an all-time high, increasing 13.05% year-to-date through the end of August. Singapore is now the 7th largest source of Bali visitors.
- U.S.A. arrivals have increased 10.42% during the first eight months of 2013 and are operating at record levels.
- German visitors are up 17.25% year-to-date with 62,690 visitors through the end of August.
- Russian visitors year-to-date have increased 10.07%.
- The Dutch market has improve 10.07% year-to-date through the end of August with 44,484 visitors.
- Indian visitors are a new and emerging source of visitors to Bali. Now ranked 14th among all markets, Indian visitors increased 42.85% totaling 42,616 through the end of August. Indian visitors are poised to soon outpace Dutch visitors to the Island.
- Australian visitors remain the top source of visitors to Bali totaling 530,861 through the end of August. But, the days of double-digit growth from the Australian market appear to be at an end with year-to-date arrives ex-Australia down 0.64%.
- U.K. arrivals to Bali have also gone flat, decreasing 0.50% year-to-date through the end of August.
Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced
if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com.