Bali Bookings Increasing for Holidays

According to accommodation managers and the Indonesian Hotel and Restaurant Association (PHRI) directors in Denpasar, Hotel bookings in Bali over the year-end Christmas and New Year’s period demonstrate improvements in occupancy levels.

Speaking on Tuesday, 08 December 2020, Putu Eddo Arthawan, The Maya Resort Sanur’s general manager, said: “Thank God, bookings are coming in with most for the period 22 December 2020 until 02 January 2021. We estimate the occupancy of the hotels will be around 50%.

Arthawan said bookings for the 2020 year-end period are dominated 95% by domestic travelers, with the remaining 5% comprised of foreigners. Most of the 5% of international travelers have a temporary stay permit (KITAS).

Eddo assured that hotels offering accommodation have Cleanliness, Health, Security, and Environmental Protocols (CHSE) certification. “We don’t want to mess around,” he said. Hotels continue to accelerate the implementation of strict CHSE protocols at hotels in possession of government certification for operating in the “new era” during the global pandemic. 

PHRI members’ readiness to embrace CHSE protocols was verified by the PHRI Secretary, Perry Markus, who said, “this is because the hotels have already signed statements of integrity assuring their compliance.

Markus did not enumerate the exact total hotels that received CHSE certification but said hundreds of hotels had been certified, ranging from one to five stars.

Markus underlined that the application of health protocols must extend beyond hotel operations. Health safeguards, he said, must begin from the moment tourists depart their home regions to Bali and extend to every element of their holiday.

Markus insists that all travelers arriving in Bali must show certification of at the very least a valid Rapid Test for COVID-19. 

“This concerns earning the trust of the general public to assure them that health protocols are being implemented,” said Markus. Continuing, he said: All parties need to cooperate, and no one must be allowed to be infected. This is important to Bali tourism’s future so that visitors feel safe and comfortable under the protocols.”

“This concerns external trust in Bali, whether we (Bali) have implemented the health protocols,” said Markus. Therefore, all parties must cooperate.

Related posts